Sunday, February 20, 2011

PUPPIES!

No cryptic title or italicized closing lyrics today, because this post does not need to be framed in a song to do it justice. It is fully awesome unto itself.

ADAM AND I GOT PUPPIES TODAY!







OMG PUPPIES.

One of the dogs belonging to my cousin's brother got knocked up awhile ago and had a litter of eleven perfect little furballs, and they've been trying to get rid of them. Today, my cousin and her four adorable little kids brought one of the puppies with them to church, and we all went out to visit her after the service was over. I immediately fell to repeating the argument that my parents had to put up with for the first 18 years of my life, and Adam has had to put up with for the past 15 months.

"Please please please please pleeaassee can I have a puppy?! Oh please oh please oh please......."

Adam knows I want a puppy. He also knows that I cannot keep a puppy at my house, which means any puppy of mine will have to technically be a family puppy and live on his ranch out in the boonies of Turlock. He's told me often that we can get as many dogs as I want once we're married and have the space and finances for them, but this is the first time I made my argument with the aid of an actual puppy, both of us giving him puppy dog eyes. I could see his resolve faltering and I made my move.

"Just take a picture and send it to Dad..............."

By "Dad," I was referring to Adam's father, Ralph, from whom Adam inherited his big heart and sweet, loving, giving nature. Senor Serpa Senior (high five, those of you who remember Kim Possible days,) loves me. Every time he nonchalantly refers to me as his daughter I feel like I'm about to burst into happy tears, because it's just so sweet. However, though I had a good feeling about this particular move in my Puppy Quest, it was still a long shot. I knew Adam was just humoring me.

We kissed the puppy goodbye and got in Adam's car to drive to after-church lunch at my aunt and uncle's house. On the way there, his phone buzzed. He handed it to me to read his Dad's response, and I almost shrieked:

"Sure! Pick two! :)"

MY LIFELONG PUPPY DREAMS WERE ABOUT TO COME TRUE! TWICE!!!

The rest of the afternoon was a blur of childlike joy and wonder. It seriously felt like every Christmas and every birthday I'd ever had rolled into one glorious and unexpected whirlwind of awesomeness. I'm pretty sure my entire mental capacity was converted into one flashing jumbotron image:

PUPPIEZ 4 EVR OMG

Before I knew it, we were pulling up to the ranch in Denair where we would pick out our babies.

The puppies are some sort of mix of collie, lab, and rottweiler, with long hair and floppy ears and the sweetest faces I've ever seen. There were four left, each sweeter and more mellow and cuddly than the last. We knew we wanted a male and a female, and since there was only one male left, that choice was easy. Picking only one of the three girls there was almost impossible, but in the end we went with the most dark-colored one, since the other two looked a lot like their brother. Their names are Lucky and Bella and I am absolutely in love. These are not just any puppies. They are probably the most perfect puppies to be born in all of puppydom ever. Adam gently placed them on a pillow in my lap, where they immediately snuggled up against my arms and laid there quietly the whole drive home.

Pretty much nothing else got accomplished the entire rest of the day other than watching the puppies do puppy things in their adorable puppy ways. I'm pretty sure almost nothing else will get accomplished in my social life ever again besides watching puppies do puppy things in adorable puppy ways. And I'm strangely okay with that.



Puppies 4 evr. Omg.

:)

1 comment:

Praising God one day at a time said...

I figured I'd get back to reading your blogs, seeing as they ARE what kinda inspired me to start one of my own :D

I have one word.

DAAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!

They're ADORABLE!!! You have to let me see them. :) And your description of your reactions...XDXDXD Pure amazing :D This made me really happy to read :D